5. The Company may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your business, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifying Information”):
5.1. User Provided Information: You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your phone number, billing information (if applicable) and physical address to The Company when choosing to participate in various uses of The Company Service.
5.2. Cookies Information: When you visit The Company Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Company uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, The Company Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
5.3. Log File Information: When you use The Company Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use The Company Service, our servers log certain general information about you.
6. If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through The Company Site, or The Company Service, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of The Company Site and The Company Service.
7. We do not use your phone number or other Personally Identifiable Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your phone number, or email address, if provided, without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major The Company Site or The Company Service changes or for customer service purposes).
8. We may use both your Personally Identifiable Information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of The Company Site and The Company Service and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analysing user preferences and trends.
9.1. remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use The Company Service or The Company Site;
9.2. provide custom, personalized content and information;
9.3. monitor individual and aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
9.4. track your entries, submissions, views and such.
10. We do not sell or share your Personally Identifiable Information (such as phone number) with other third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
11. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party service providers to the extent that it is reasonably necessary to perform, improve or maintain The Company Service.
12. We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, asset views, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on The Company Site.
13. We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent.
14. The Company also reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that The Company believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of The Company Site or our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Company, our users or others.
16. The Company and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your searches, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests.
17. We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
18. We also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include:
18.1. business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and
18.2. advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet.
The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
19. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
20. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Site you might not be able to access portions of our site.
22. The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to The Company and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through The Company Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, The Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
23. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If The Company learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Company may post a notice on The Company Site or through The Company Service if a security breach occurs.
25. In the event that The Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganisation, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
This Privacy Notice was last modified 25 June 2021